Check list

Have you obtained planning permission if required?

Before applying for planning permission, it's important to work out whether your application has a realistic chance of success. We can help with an archtitect who can discuss your design ideas, and then we will submit your plans.


Obtain Structural drawings & Calculations

If you require structural drawings our archtitect will pass your drawings onto a structural enginner.

We can submit a building regulations application.

What are Building regulations? They are minimum standards that apply to almost all new building work, including alterations to existing houses.


There are two options when submitting an application for building works – a Full Plans application or a Building Notice application. Both of these types of application need to be submitted before you start work, and the total fee for each is usually broadly the same, payable to the local authority or an approved inspector. The Building Notice procedure is intended for minor works.

Party Wall agreement 

If your extension or loft conversion will sit on or affect the party wall line, you will need a party wall agreement put in place. 


A party wall agreement, covered by the Party Wall Act covers shared walls between semi-detached and terraced houses, or structures such as the floors between flats or maisonettes, plus garden boundary walls. In addition to alterations affecting the structures directly, the effect of any excavations within 3 to 6 metres of the boundary can be covered by the Act if the foundations are considered to be likely to have an impact (based on depth).

Print Print | Sitemap
© Newton and Evans builders Ltd Reg: 09232221